Nashville Plastic Surgeon
Meet Dr. Ramin Behmand
Dr. Ramin Behmand, a Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine honors graduate, was elected to the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Medical Honor Society, representing the top 10% of his class. He pursued a six-year plastic surgery training program at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, recognized as one of the world’s premier surgical training programs. In his final year, Dr. Behmand served as the academic chief resident. Subsequently, he refined his expertise in aesthetic facial plastic surgery and rhinoplasty through an aesthetic fellowship under renowned plastic surgeon Dr. Bahman Guyuron.
Board Certification & Medical Societies
Dr.Behmand has been a Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery since 2004, and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons since 2005. Additionally, he is an active member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and The Rhinoplasty Society. Dr. Behmand’s expertise spans facial & body procedures, including breast augmentation, breast lift, liposuction assisted body contouring, and facial rejuvenation.
Active Membership in Medical Societies
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Active Member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Active Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Life Member of the California Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Active Member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Active Member of the Rhinoplasty Society
- The Reed O. Dingman Society for Plastic Surgeons
- Active Member of the American Medical Association
Surgical Work Experience
Over the first 20 years of his career, Dr. Ramin Behmand practiced plastic surgery in the San Francisco Bay Area. He served as Chief of Plastic Surgery at the highly regarded John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek for 10 years, while maintaining a private aesthetic surgery practice. Concurrently, as a clinical assistant professor of surgery at the University of California, San Francisco Medical Center, Dr. Behmand trained residents and fellows in the specialized art of aesthetic plastic surgery.
Dr. Behmand has authored book chapters, abstracts, and scientific journal publications. Moreover, he has been an invited presenter at national and international plastic surgery conferences. His comprehensive training and extensive surgical experience empower him to offer his patients safe, effective, and innovative plastic surgery treatments, fulfilling the aesthetic desires of those under his care.
Awards and honors
- Bay Area Top Doctor Award in 2019
- Elected Regional Top Doctor in 2017
- Castle Connolly Award for “Top Doctor” in 2017 and 2018
- Real Self Top Doctor -Top 10%
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2016 and 2017 — Top 1%
- Named as one of the San Francisco Super Doctors® in 2012
- Named in Oakland & Alameda Magazine, “Top Doctors” of 2012
- Chosen as one of America’s Top Surgeons by the “Consumers Research Council of America” from 2011-2019
- Received American Registry’s Patient’s Choice Award from 2008-2018
- Received American Registry’s Most Compassionate Doctors Award from 2008-2017
Dr. Behmand is deeply committed to philanthropy, offering his surgical expertise on medical mission trips to underprivileged communities. He has worked on several continents, in countries like Colombia, Ethiopia, Haiti, and the Philippines. Working with both adults and children who lack access to surgical care, he has performed hundreds of surgeries, often focusing on repairing cleft palates, cleft lips, and various deformities of the face and body. These conditions may be congenital or result from traumatic events like fires, acid burns, or blunt and sharp force trauma.
When not providing medical care for his patients, Dr. Behmand relishes spending time with his Son, and daughter, and extended family. He is an avid outdoorsman, and has extensively hiked, and camped in Tennessee and the Appalachian national parks. Proficient in technical high-altitude mountain climbing, he has successfully ascended some of the world’s tallest peaks, including Mount Everest in the Himalayas of Nepal. In Addition, he has extensively climbed mountains on all 7 continents.
To discuss your aesthetic concerns with Dr. Ramin Behmand, please contact our office and schedule a consultation today.