Your face is the first thing that people see when you meet. Your face can make you feel beautiful, confident, successful, and it can leave a lasting impression on others. You rely on its appearance to aid in recognition, communication, and first impressions of your identity and personality.
If you have noticed the emergence of facial aging signs, such as jowls, flattened cheeks, and sagging skin, you might be interested in learning how a facelift with Dr. Ramin Behmand can help to recapture a more youthful appearance from earlier years. Not only do our facelift patients typically see a fresher face post-surgery, but they also often regain a great deal of self-confidence.
Also known as a rhytidectomy, the process of the facelift procedure depends largely on your individual features and goals. In general, the incision for a facelift begins within the hairline above each ear and continues around and behind the ear. These incisions are placed in such a way that they are typically well concealed by your hairline.
During the procedure, Dr. Behmand will tighten the loosened facial muscles and the other underlying soft tissues to help create a youthful architecture beneath the facial skin. The skin can then be made smooth over these recontoured deeper tissues, typically providing a long-lasting, more youthful appearance. Dr. Behmand’s multi-layer approach to facelifting provides results that are generally superior to traditional skin tightening methods and often have longer lasting results.
The total procedure time and costs can vary. Often, the facelift operation is combined with other facial procedures, such as brow lift, facial fat-grafting, eyelid surgery, and rhinoplasty. During your initial consultation, together with Dr. Behmand, you will be able to determine the procedure combination that is most likely to achieve your surgical goals.
- Am I ready for a facelift?
- There is no specific age that is considered appropriate for a facelift procedure. We see patients of all different ages, life stages, and backgrounds. The best way to know if you are truly ready is to come in for a consultation with Dr. Behmand.
- Can I combine my facelift with other procedures?
- Absolutely! Facelifts are often combined with blepharopasty (eyelid surgery), brow lift surgery, facial-fat grafting, rhinoplasty, or chin implant surgery. In some situations, patients may even choose to have certain body procedures done at the same time to optimize their recovery period. Dr. Behmand will evaluate your specific concerns during your initial consultation to see if you would be an appropriate candidate for these additional procedures.
- What is the typical recovery time for a facelift?
- Many patients look and feel like “themselves” about 2 weeks after surgery. If you are comfortable enough, you may be able to return to work after 2 weeks, but you will still have physical restrictions for approximately 4-6 weeks after surgery.
- Will I have drains?
- Drains are used after a facelift surgery and will be in place for approximately a few days. They are typically removed during your first postoperative visit to our office.
- How long does a facelift last? Will I need to do it again in the future?
- As with most other surgical procedures, the results of a facelift typically will last for many years but will not be permanent. After the reset in time provided by a facelift, natural aging resumes. It is important to take good care of yourself in the years following your facelift to maximize the number of years you will see these positive results. You should use good skincare products and daily sun protection, eat healthy, and take care of yourself physically. In addition to making you feel good, these things will lengthen the life of your facelift.
- Will my incisions be visible?
- Dr. Behmand will typically make the necessary incisions behind the ears and in the hairline. The goal is to make sure these incisions are not visible to the eye, and most of the time they will be easily concealed by your hair.
- I don’t feel ready quite yet for this procedure, is there an alternative?
- There are many wonderful, yet short-term alternatives to a facelift. You will not get the same instant results that a facelift provides, but you will see some mild improvement. Some of these short-term alternatives include injectables, such as; BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport®, JUVÉDERM®, Radiesse®, Restylane®, and Thermage®.
Recovery from Your Facelift Procedure
Within a few hours following your facelift procedure, you will either be released to begin your recovery at home, or you will be given the option to stay overnight at the surgery center. Dr. Behmand will give you his recommendation and allow you to make this decision based on available at-home care and the extent of your procedure.
After your facelift you will likely experience a moderate amount of swelling and bruising. These effects will subside in approximately two to three weeks. The best way to speed the healing process after a facelift is to follow Dr. Behmand’s post-operative instructions, which will be provided to you prior to your surgery. You will be advised to refrain from any physical activity for about 4-6 weeks after surgery. Most patients return to their jobs within 2 to 4 weeks after surgery. Dr. Behmand will help you plan the amount of time off that is appropriate for your recovery. If you are interested in learning more about the facelift procedure with Dr. Behmand, please contact our office today to schedule a consultation.
“I just wanted to tell you what a wonderful job you did on my face last year… You have MAGIC HANDS. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you did for me.”
$12,000-$15,500 based on the total length of time required for your procedure.